women smiling

Payment Options

Financial Assistance

No individual will be denied admission at New Hope Manor based on their inability to pay. However, it is expected that every individual goes through the financial intake process to determine their potential obligation.

Health Insurance

Upon admission to New Hope Manor you will meet with our Insurance Coordinator, Theresa, to discuss your current health insurance status. If you do not currently have health insurance but qualify, our Insurance Coordinator can assist you in obtaining coverage that will be of benefit in our geological area. If you currently have a health insurance plan that creates barriers to services i.e. due to our geographical location, our Insurance Coordinator can assist you with changing your insurance to a plan of your choice that is accepted, if you qualify. New Hope Manor is an in-network provider for many Medicaid Managed Care plans including Fidelis Care, MVP Health Care, Healthfirst, and Emblem Health, which will cover the treatment portion of your stay and will also be beneficial for other medical needs in our area.




Temporary Assistance and SNAP 

Upon admission to New Hope Manor you will meet with our Social Services Coordinator, Alicia, to discuss your current social services status and general financials. If you currently do not have an active Temporary Assistance (TA) or Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) case, our Social Services Coordinator will assist you in applying for these benefits. If you currently have an open TA and/or SNAP case, there will be minimal paperwork that will need to be submitted for you to continue receiving your benefits. TA and SNAP benefits consist of Room and Board, Personal Needs Allowance (PNA), and financial support for meals. The Room and Board and SNAP portions of your benefits are payable to New Hope Manor to help support your stay here. The Personal Needs Allowance will be deposited into your PNA account which is set up and held by New Hope Manor. It is possible that you will only get partial Temporary Assistance for Room and Board depending on your financial circumstances. In this case, your local Department of Social Services will determine what portion of Room and Board you will be responsible for during your stay.





If your application for Temporary Assistance is denied in full, we will review the reasons for the denial, and you will be defaulted to our Self Pay Sliding Scale Fee. This low-cost sliding scale fee is based on your household size, household income, and assets. Once it is determined where you fall on the sliding scale, you will be required to pay a low cost, individualized monthly fee for the Room and Board portion of your stay.




Supplemental Security Income (SSI)/Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI)

 If you receive benefits from SSI or SSDI you will be required to pay New Hope Manor an amount for Room and Board according to the amounts set annually by the Social Security Administration for Congregate Care II settings. New Hope Manor will also assist you in applying for New York State Supplement Program (SSP) benefits which, if approved, will increase your monthly benefit amount to assist with your stay. A portion of what you receive monthly will be deposited into your (PNA) account held by New Hope Manor. See “PNA and Purchasing” below for more details about your PNA.




PNA and Purchasing

 You are required to maintain a Personal Needs Allowance (PNA) account during your stay at New Hope Manor which is held by New Hope Manor. Typically, this account is funded by you with Temporary Assistance funds, personal funds, and/or funds from family. These funds can be utilized by you during your stay for personal needs such as pharmacy co-pays and other miscellaneous personal needs. You will receive a reconciled account statement monthly, and upon request, which details all account activity during your stay.





A limited number of scholarships are available for patients who have demonstrated a commitment to their work toward recovery, but due to certain financial difficulties are unable to pay for the Room and Board portion of their stay. The patient must be recommended by their counselor, and the determination is approved by the finance department.