New Hope Manor is seeking an experienced Psychiatrist to join our team of dedicated professionals! Experience in substance abuse field preferred.
This is an independent contractor position.
This position is one or two days a week, 10-12 hours total (flexible to discuss shifts/days) working on site to meet with clients and staff as applicable.
- Consultation, diagnosis, and treatment as needed
- Medication management, as needed
- Coordination of care with the clinical (counselor) team, nursing, and our medical director
- Attend weekly Case Conference meeting on Tuesdays for 1-hour (preferred)
- Provides therapeutic-medical crisis intervention as required
- Collects data about patients through interview, case history, assessments, and/or observational techniques; evaluates data to identify causes of problems and to determine proper therapeutic-medical approach
- Initiates and maintains a positive working relationship with clients to develop therapeutic growth
- Follows up to determine reliability of treatment used; changes method and degree of treatment when indicated
- Maintain notes in the EMR, case files, and medical chart, as required
- Assists with interdisciplinary team with treatment planning
- Other duties as assigned which are in relation to the duties of the position
Experience working the human services field or substance abuse field is helpful.
DOWNLOAD APPLICATION FORM